Since 1856 Philipp Wolf the house was in property of the Wolf family. Adrienne Koršič inherited the house from her father and mother, and from her it was inherited by Oton Koršič in 1923. In 1932, with a loan agreement, the house was acquired by Herbert and Walter Waschnagg, however, the German occupying force took away their proprietary right in 1943. The building was nationalised in 1950; the Slovenj Gradec Music School had its seat in the house from 1953 until 2010, when the Hugo Wolf Museum was established.